A manifesto for art in the 21st century
Pre-Alpha manifesto video of the Tunnel Artists group. Weaving footage from The Internet Archive, old images recontextualised and remixed to explain the ideas of the Tunnel.
Features the music of:
- The New Pollutants
- Olafar Arnalds
- Max Richter
Find and support all their great music by buying it.
Slogans and Ideas:
- New modes of expression.
- Humanity needs a new story.
- Create a new language.
- The gatekeepers of culture must be overcome.
- To walk along the beach and feel the sand between ones toes.
- To create a bridge spanning five hundred years.
- Become the subversive artistic engineers by hacking reality and exposing the hypocrisy of existing power structures
- New minds and new machines.
- Dismantle the existing culture and rebuild.
- The rejection of art as a commodity.
- Chaos = opportunity / Chaos = opportunity